Reports to: CEO
General Position Overview:
The Administrative Manager will support operations and manage administrative procedures for the Company. The ideal candidate must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-oriented. Additionally, the candidate should have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, as well as the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Administrative Manager will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the CEO.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO and the Senior Staff including calendaring internal and external meetings.
- Composes and prepares correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranges complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiles documents for travel-related meetings.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Manages a variety of special projects, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO's office and internal departments.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Coordinates with other support staff on projects and activities
- Responsible for coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all- staff meetings
- Serves as requested as the CEO’s administrative liaison to the board of directors
- Assists BoD members with travel arrangements, lodging and car service arrangements as needed
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Adheres to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the implementation of employee handbook and personnel policies and procedures, in conjunction with senior management.
- Performs benefits administration with a PEO to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Conducts recruitment efforts; conducts new-employee orientations.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
Facilities and Office Management
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as distributing building access keys and back-up to security access cards, etc.)
- Responsible for management of Trishula space, which includes but not limited to managing repairs, tenant issues, etc.
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
- Supervises and coordinates overall administrative and office activities.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Responsible for arranging internal office moves.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Oversees IT support by communicating need to external vendor and scheduling response to employees.
- Participates as needed in special department projects.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members and external partners
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to juggle a range of tasks and to work extra hours as needed
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong work tenure: minimum 5 years of combined Human Resources and Office Management experience preferred
- Solid understanding of federal and state employment regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platform
Please send your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.